Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bring a laptop to the big white bus

Ok, so I've been measuring wireless signal strength from all around my house for my Scicomm Assignment 3 experiment. And I tell you, I've got some pretty whack results. Apparently, I can get better signal strength in the toilet than I can in the actual room where the access point is.



So, what the hell is the point of all this? Well, like I said it's for an assignment. I'm guessing my hypothesis will be something along the lines of "There is a relationship between the number of walls between an access point and the reduction in signal strength" or something more specific, like "there is some constant x which can describe the reduction in signal strength when wireless signals propagate through walls".

It definately won't be "sit on the toilet and get better signal strength", that much I know for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home